“An apple for the teacher,
is never anything new…
Parent Involvement is the most important part of your child’s success!
Therefore, Challenge Charter School provides unlimited ways for you to be involved! Opportunities happen at all times of day and all times of the year so that everyone can find at least one that works for them to participate in!
First, COMMUNICATION! Communication is frequent and necessary to build and maintain strong partnerships and a shared responsibility for student success!
There are many different ways for parents to stay current on what is going on in your child’s class and on campus, including:
- Daily teacher communications sent home in student folders
- Daily school notices and reminders sent home in in folders
- Teacher phone call and email communications as needed
- Weekly grade level newsletters
- Quarterly school wide newsletters
- School Webpage
Teachers are usually available for a quick question between 8 – 8:20 am and 3:45 – 4:00 pm. Appointments need to be scheduled for discussions that will take more than a few minutes.
Please understand that teachers can never engage in such a discussion while they are responsible for supervising children, such as when you are volunteering in the classroom, on a field trip, or if they are on morning/recess playground duty etc.
Other opportunities CCS parents have to be active in their children’s education include, but are not limited to:
- Frequent and fun Family Events throughout the year bring the campus community together and showcase student achievements, including events such as: Ice Cream Socials, Book Fair, student productions and performances, community dinners, Art Fairs, Science Fair, and many more!
- Classroom and Campus Volunteerism. All parents are strongly encouraged to volunteer four hours a month in support of their student and the school.
- Chaperoning one of Challenge’s many, many field trips.
- Monthly Coffee with the Principal SAC (School Advisory Council) meetings on the first Friday of the month at 8:45 am in the cafeteria. All families are invited and encouraged to attend these very informative and fun meetings.
- Parent on the School Advisory Council
- Challenge Academy for Parents