Kindergarten Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does Challenge Charter School offer a Kindergarten Program?
- Yes! Challenge Charter Schools Kindergarten program is delivered in the morning from 8:30 am – 12:30 pm at no charge. There is an afternoon enrichment option from 12:30 pm 3:30 pm. The afternoon enrichment fee is $250 per 20 day block. CCS’s afternoon enrichment is not a day care or pre-school oriented environment; it is a full educational day enrichment program providing a sophisticated academic learning environment based in Core Knowledge. This content-rich, diverse curriculum challenges and excites students to learn with hands-on & engaging learning adventures.
- Please note:Some Kindergartners will benefit from success in our four hour Kindergarten program prior to enrollment in the content-rich 7 hour afternoon enrichment. It would be a disadvantage to enroll or keep your child in the afternoon enrichment program before they are socially, emotionally, or academically ready.
2. How much does Kindergarten program with the afternoon enrichment (8:30am-3:30pm) cost?
- Our full day option is from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm and has no tuition cost associated with it.
- To stay until 3:30 pm and participate in our kindergarten Enrichment Program the cost is $250 per 20 day block. There are nine blocks in a school year.
3. How well do Challenge Charter School Kindergartners perform academically compared to other schools and districts?
- Core Knowledge is a high quality, effective curriculum allowing each student the opportunity to be academically challenged, excited, and excel in a hands-on learning environment. Both the extended half- day and the extended full-day Kindergarten programs provide Challenge Charter School’s kindergartners with an obvious advantage.
- We administer Standardized tests and assessments throughout each year so that we can measure our student’s academic progress more closely, as well as the performance of the classroom as a whole. Our kindergarten students have always tested well, often testing one or two years ahead.
4. What do I need to know before I pre-register for the Kindergarten program?
- Your kindergartner’s 5th birthday must fall on or before August 31st of the enrolling year.
- Some Kindergartners will benefit from success in our four hour Kindergarten program prior to enrollment in the content-rich 3 hour afternoon enrichment. It would be a disadvantage to enroll or keep your child in the afternoon enrichment program before they are socially, emotionally, or academically ready.